Trump's communications director leaving, staff shake-up anticipated

Pauline Gross
May 31, 2017

Dubke tendered his resignation on May 18, however, he offered to work through President Trump's first foreign trip and that offer was accepted.

US President Donald Trump's communications director, Mike Dubke, is set to leave after three months in his White House post, White House adviser Kellyanne Conway said yesterday.

Dubke, the founding partner at Black Rock Group, an Alexanria-Va. -based public relations firm, was initially announced as communications director on March 6, a move that was widely seen as taking key duties off the plate of White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer.

"The reasons for my departure are personal, but it has been my great honor to serve President Trump and this administration", Dubke wrote.

"Mike will assist with the transition and be a strong advocate for the president and the president's policies moving forward", he said.

White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said in a statement Monday, "Mike tendered his resignation just before the president's historic global trip and offered to remain on board until a transition is concluded".

Dubke's last day has not yet been set.

Court: Russian hacker can be extradited to US or Russia
The lawyers said they would appeal the decision that would allow extradition to the United States, but not to Russian Federation . There was no indication that Nikulin's case was connected to the DNC hacking accusation.

Cleveland fires 1 officer, suspends 2nd in Tamir Rice shooting
The announcement was the result of a review by the department's critical incident review committee, Williams said. McGrath also admonished Garmback for not waiting for another vehicle , as is standard practice on a gun call.

Go-Ahead Group plc (GOG) Rating Reiterated by Liberum Capital
JPMorgan Chase & Co. reiterated a "neutral" rating on shares of Mondi Plc in a report on Thursday, February 2nd. Liberum Capital's target price would indicate a potential upside of 22.65% from the company's previous close.

White House aide Kellyanne Conway told Fox News on Tuesday morning that Dubke "has expressed his desire to leave the White House" and suggested the decision may have been due to his demanding schedule. Before joining the White House in February, he had been a Republican strategist and founder of Crossroads Media. Not to mention, the 47-year-old only got his job as communications director because Jason Miller pulled out of the gig before Donald even entered the White House!

P.S. Keep an eye out for statements from Trump loyalists Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie as it's believed they'll be tapped to take over for Michael!

In an interview on Fox News on Tuesday, Conway said Dubke "made very clear that he would see through the president's global trip, and come to work every day and work hard even through that trip because there was much to do here back at the White House".

Dubke's hiring was meant to lighten the load on Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, who had also been handling the duties of communications director during Trump's first month in office.

Spicer is slated to be back on camera Tuesday, however, in what will be his first briefing from the White House press room in 15 days. Just back from his nine-day trip to the Middle East and Europe, Trump dismissed recent reports as "fake news".

It was announced May 19 that former Deputy National Security Adviser K.T. McFarland, who previously worked under Flynn, was leaving her role because Trump was nominating her as us ambassador to Singapore.

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER