London police arrest 6 as attack footage is released

Pauline Gross
June 9, 2017

The 22-year-old Zaghba is the third suspect in the London attack, United Kingdom officials confirmed Tuesday.

Detectives from London police's counterterrorism command raided properties in east London on Thursday, detaining three people on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorism offenses. According to a Met police statement, Zaghba had not been a subject of police or MI5 interest.

The Prime Minister told Sky News: "MI5 and the police have already said they would be reviewing how they dealt with Manchester and I would expect them to do exactly the same in relation to London Bridge".

All three men involved in the attack were confronted and shot dead by armed officers within eight minutes of the first call.

London's Metropolitan Police has identified the three suspected London Bridge attackers as (L-R) Khuram Shazad Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba.

The Moroccan-born Italian attacker was briefly detained in Bologna past year, presumably while trying to reach Syria through Turkey to join the ranks of Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) terrorists.

This afternoon Scotland Yard released the name of the "third" London attacker, Youssef Zaghba, after releasing names of the other two yesterday.

The death toll from the London Bridge attack has risen to eight as pressure on British authorities intensified amid new questions about how the terrorists slipped through the net.

Man desperate for ride to Hooters calls 911, ends up in jail
Strickland informed the Deputies she had been released from the hospital a few days before the incident. So of course Hinkle was arrested and charged with misuse of the 911 system, his fourth offense.

DND confirms 8 foreign terrorists among those killed in Marawi clash
Eighty-nine terrorists had been killed in the efforts to reclaim the city and find Hapilon, Padilla told reporters. He added the up to 100 fighters are "holed up" in "reinforced buildings" in an area of Marawi City.

National Basketball Association prospect Jonathan Jeanne diagnosed with potentially career-ending Marfan syndrome
According to Yahoo, Jeanne is not expected to receive clearance for any more National Basketball Association draft workouts this spring.

Prosecutors in Italy say there was not enough evidence to arrest or charge the 22-year-old when he was intercepted at Bologna airport.

ROME Italian police followed the correct procedures in flagging one of the London attackers to their British counterparts, Italy's senior policeman said on Wednesday, but he understands why the warning went unheeded.

Two days later the police came to tell her Zaghba was one of the attackers. He was not charged, but local police monitored him carefully and tipped off Britain when he subsequently moved to London.

However, those who know Zaghba up close mentioned that he was like any other person.

On Tuesday, counter-terror officers were searching a property in Ilford, east London, after entering the address at around 01:30 BST.

The Islamic State jihadist group claimed Saturday's attack. Witnesses said people threw chairs and pint glasses at the men, who wore what police said were fake explosive vests.

The former London Underground worker carried out the mass murder while wearing a hoax suicide vest over his Arsenal shirt.

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER