FDNY Activity Snarls A, C Subway Service

Pauline Gross
July 17, 2017

A trash fire on Manhattan tracks resulted in major delays on some subway lines during the height of the morning rush-hour.

People riding the D train November 4, 2012 in New York City, New York.

Video posted to social media showed fire trucks at virtually every corner of the intersection near St. Nicholas Avenue and West 145th Street. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority shut down the A and C lines at first, but by 8:30 a.m., B trains became suspended in both directions and D trains stopped running north of 125th Street. The Fire Department says nine people were taken for hospital examinations.

Power was also removed in area, according to the MTA.

B train service was suspended between Bedford Park Boulevard and Brighton Beach in both directions.

Diego Costa posts video from holiday in Atletico Madrid shirt
The Blues' top scorer will be unable to play until January as Atletico are now under a transfer embargo. Chelsea snapped up Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco for £40m yesterday.

German tourists fatally stabbed in attack on women at Egyptian resort
The assault came just hours after a shooting near some of Egypt's most famous pyramids outside of Cairo killed five policemen. The Egyptian foreign ministry said the man's motive for the attack is not clear, but they are questioning him in custody.

Bihar crisis: Nitish, Lalu call separate meetings with lawmakers
Even Tejashwi Yadav, while commenting on the allegations against him lashed out at Government and said, "There is an emergency like situation in the country".

There is no trains service between 125 St and Norwood-205 St in both directions. There is no C train service between Euclid Avenue and 168th Street in both directions.

From 10 p.m.to 5 a.m, A trains wll not run between 59th Street Columbus Circle and 207th Street in Inwood.

As an alternate for the A and C, the MTA is advising riders to use the M3 or M4 bus or the 1 train, which frankly looks like a complete disaster.

Service was disrupted for more than two hours before resuming around 9:50 a.m. with extensive delays, leaving many riders scrambling to find different travel options.

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article