Commission Head Claims Conor McGregor Has Been Pulled From UFC 219

Doug Mendoza
November 14, 2017

Conor McGregor has been pulled from UFC 219, according to the president of the Association of Boxing Commissions and Combative Sports Mike Mazzulli.

He added: "I had some executives from the UFC contact me within two hours of what occurred. So, I do commend the UFC to some extent for doing that", Mazzulli said, later confirming that UFC officials told him McGregor had been scheduled to fight at UFC 219 on December 30, despite public perception being quite different. They did inform me that he was set to be on the December 30 card and he will not be on it.

An aging Floyd Mayweather got some licks in against Conor McGregor in August, and now his former rival is angling for a shot at the MMA star in the ring, too.

McGregor also appeared to take a swipe at the official and he sent out a tweet on Monday explaining his side of the story, which he quickly deleted.

Mazzulli said he is speaking to his attorneys upon returning to the U.S.to figure out what type of discipline he intends to carry out for McGregor's actions.

On the bond between McGregor and Ward: "Charlie is one of Conor's very close friends and he's coming off two pretty devastating losses".

Taylor Swift to perform at Metlife Stadium on 'Reputation' tour
Fans can purchase tickets in advance by registering to become a " Ticketmaster Verified Fan". The Linc also will host Kenny Chesney on June 9 and Ed Sheeran on September 27.

Lakers' Ball youngest player to hit triple-double
Included in that was Ball shooting 3-for-5 from three-point range, and he missed his lone free throw attempt of the night. In a win over the Portland Trailblazers on January 19, 2005, James accounted for 27 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists .

Arsenal to rival Tottenham for Wilfried Zaha; £35m bid prepared
The winger has shown his importance for Crystal Palace this season, scoring two goals in five matches since returning from injury. Arsenal are reportedly ready to put forward a £35m-worth bid in order to sign Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha in January.

Either way, not having McGregor compete is a huge blow to the company's end of year show and the longer he goes without defending a title in the UFC, the more impatient his fans grow. "That's when I lost it. F-- yous all".

In the moments that followed, the UFC lightweight champion shoved the official and aimed a slap at Bellator employee Michael Johnson, who had been trying to push him off the cage after he had scaled it.

"I'm a policy guy".

"You know I'm competitive", De La Hoya said in the interview, via The Mac Life.

Following Pacquaio's initial withdrawal, Horn as well as his camp had called out the likes of McGregor, who had been a rumoured opponent, and Mayweather for a fight, receiving lots of criticism in the process. "You have the right to be sanctioned".

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER