LAPD Submits Three Harvey Weinstein Sex Cases to District Attorney

Pauline Gross
February 12, 2018

Three sexual assault cases against film producer Harvey Weinstein have been presented to prosecutors in LA, the District Attorney's Office said on Thursday.

Harvey Weinstein speaks at the UBS 40th Annual Global Media and Communications Conference in New York, NY, US on December 5, 2012.

Law enforcement officials have already taken dozens of reports from women accusing Weinstein of sexual misconduct and harassment over the years, while authorities in both NY and London have begun investigations into complaints made against the super-producer.

"Three cases were presented to our office on February 1 by the Los Angeles Police Department regarding Mr. Weinstein and are under review", according to Greg Risling, spokesman for the District Attorney's Office.

Police in Beverly Hills also submitted cases on Weinstein to the District Attorney's office.

Weinstein has not commented on the latest development but has in the past denied any "non-consensual sex" took place over the years.

Mikaela Shiffrin ready to sock it to them
The women's giant slalom has been postponed because of strong wind, the second Alpine skiing race called off at the Olympics.

From day one: A timeline of Gerald Stanley's trial
The police force declined to comment. "It really is a awful thing, and it's something that I don't believe needed to happen". Stanley's lawyers had argued that his gun went off accidentally, killing the 22-year-old man in a "freak accident".

Logan Paul Tases Dead Rat, YouTube Temporarily Suspends Advertising
He quickly removed the video , but the damage had already been done and YouTube removed him from their top-tier advertising . Paul returned in an apparently more compassionate fashion, but that new and improved attitude did not last long.

It's unclear at this time if that stipulation will apply as Weinstein is accused of alleged sexual misconduct and assault throughout many years of his career as a movie-making tycoon.

The cases in California are being reviewed by a task force established by LA's district attorney Jackie Lacey specifically to deal with the Hollywood scandal.

The cases involving Weinstein have been forwarded to that task force, Risling said in an email.

The veteran producer, who is reportedly in treatment for sexual addiction as he faces parallel investigations by the police in NY and London, has repeatedly denied having non-consensual sex.

Weinstein was sacked by the company he founded and ostracised by the industry that once embraced him as Hollywood faced a reckoning over revelations of its "casting couch" culture.

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER