Logan Paul Tases Dead Rat, YouTube Temporarily Suspends Advertising

Angelica Greene
February 12, 2018

- Monetization and Creator Support Privileges: The platform may suspend a channel's ability to serve ads, ability to earn revenue and potentially remove a channel from the YouTube Partner Program, including creator support and access to our YouTube Spaces. And he reportedly tweeted "swallowing 1 tide pod per retweet" on the same day, in reference to the unsafe Tide Pod challenge, in which people record themselves eating detergent packets and post the videos to social media.

In a tweet, the company said it acted "in response to Paul's recent pattern of behavior".

YouTube has issued a statement condemning Paul and his actions to the Huffington Post, revealing how "after careful consideration, we have made a decision to temporarily suspend ads on Logan Paul's YouTube channels".

The ad suspension comes after Paul posted a video featuring him using a Taser on dead rats, which the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals called "repulsive" in a statement on Thursday.

The Verge quotes a YouTube spokesperson as saying they didn't take this decision lightly, but they do believe Paul is exhibiting a pattern of behavior in his vlogging that not only makes his channel unsuitable for advertisers, but is also a potential danger to the broader YouTube Creator community. Regardless, YouTube's move against Paul is certainly an interesting one, and likely sets precedent for other content creators who rely on shock value to promote their channels. It wasn't just the rat, however, as the video shows Paul finding out one of his koi fish is ailing.

United States drone strike kills top Taliban commander, three Haqqani terrorists in Waziristan
She also condemned the recent Kabul attacks and offered Pakistan's assistance for a joint investigation. Hizb Ullah served as a financial official of a Peshawar-based madrasa that was co-founded by Aminullah.

Paulo Fonseca to replace Sam Allardyce at Everton?
I would have thought Mangala will be the less serious of the two injuries. "It was not because we were totally outplayed and not because Zaha did not play".

Mattis: 'Self-Defense' Attack Doesn't Mean US Getting Into Syrian Civil War
Any of the attacking vehicles and personnel who turned around and headed back west were not targeted, the military official said. USA military officials said the attacks, which began late on Wednesday, were conducted to "repel acts of aggression".

Paul returned in an apparently more compassionate fashion, but that new and improved attitude did not last long.

Paul's manager and publicist didn't respond to requests for comment on Friday.

But it is videos that Paul posted in the past week that are the immediate impetus for YouTube's action. He quickly removed the video, but the damage had already been done and YouTube removed him from their top-tier advertising. You can read YouTube's statement via YouTube Creators' Twitter account. The video in question was viewed more than eight million times. Paul has seen a decline in his fanbase though, YouTube monitoring website SocialBlade estimates that Paul's video views have dropped 41 percent, and his subscribers are down by 29 percent this month alone. However, it is unclear how much the influencer makes from these sales.

On his return to YouTube, Paul said: "I know for a fact everything I do from this point on will get criticism, it will get backlash, because I'm a very polarising dude".

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER