Man arrested in connection with bomb threat that cancelled Roots' SXSW show

Ruben Ruiz
March 19, 2018

Currently, in police custody, Ingram has been placed on third-degree felony charges of making a terroristic threat.

The Austin Chronicle reported local police swept the area Saturday night in attempts to determine the legitimacy of the threat.

South by Southwest is now underway, as the city of Austin, Texas remains on high-alert after three package bombs have left two people dead and two injured in the last two weeks. "I'm sure we will return to Austin ladies and gentlemen". Central time on Saturday.

The group's drummer Questlove cited "a severe emergency" in since-deleted tweets about the cancellation, while organisers have confirmed that there was a "security concern". Officers checked the concert venue, but found nothing suspicious. "These are the times we now live in".

Powerball ticket worth $456 million sold in Pennsylvania
The winning numbers were 22, 57, 59, 60 and 66, which were on the ticket sold at Ed's Liquor, on Pico near Lincoln Boulevard. The odds of winning that grand prize were 1 in about 292 million, according to the lottery website.The Power Play was 2x.

Dog mistakenly flown overseas returned to family
This was a four-hour journey, with roughly an hour and a half spent on the ground in Akron after diverting near Columbus, he said. Louis was diverted after the airline learned it had a dog bound for Akron, Ohio, on board, the Washington Post reports .

Who had the better shot, Jordan Poole or Trey Burke?
Isaiah Livers inbounded the ball to Abdur-Rahkman at midcourt, and he took a few dribbles before finding Poole on the wing. He pushed the advantage to 63-61 when he made the second of two more foul shots with 24.9 seconds to go.

Shortly after Bud Light's decision to shut down the event in advance, the Austin Police Department issued a warrant and arrested a 26-year-old suspect named Trevor Weldon Ingram.

Anthony House, 39, died after a bomb exploded on March 2.

The email received at 4:23pm on Saturday targeted a venue space where the band The Roots was scheduled to perform, according to Dallas News. The cases remain unsolved. Another went off on March 12, critically wounding a 75-year-old woman, just hours after a bomb killed 17-year-old Draylen Mason and injured his mother when they opened a package in their kitchen. Last week, Austin police responded to at least 370 calls reporting suspicious packages but found nothing unsafe in the wake of three package bombs that killed two people and wounded two others.

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article