Liverpool linked with Bordeaux star as attacking reinforcement

Doug Mendoza
May 13, 2018

Whilst Malcom would be a welcome addition to Liverpool's squad, fans would no doubt hope that he is not brought in as a replacement for any of their current attacking stars.

Liverpool have identified Bordeaux winger Malcom as a summer target, with Jurgen Klopp looking to strengthen in attacking areas.

The pacey winger has lit up Ligue 1 with 10 goals and six assists, leading to major interest in his services from across Europe.

Manchester United were believed to have discussed a move with Bordeaux in January, while Tottenham and Arsenal are also monitoring his progress.

The Reds are set for a top-four finish this season and could yet win the Champions League - they face Real Madrid in the final in Kiev later in the month.

He has previously been linked with a move to north London with Premier League rivals Tottenham and Arsenal.

Lomachenko makes boxing history in big title win
Coming into Saturday's fight he had made 4 successful defenses of that title - with all 4 challengers quitting on their stools. Raymundo Beltran (35-7-1, 21 KO's), who won a vacant world title in February is "the obvious opponent" according to Arum.

Marcus Morris Knows he can Defend LeBron James
Stevens might tweak the starting lineup and have Morris replace center Aron Baynes so that he can open the game defending James. Kevin Love thoroughly outplayed Al Horford a year ago -will the big man's recent assertive streak carry over to this series?

Man shot dead after stabbing bystanders in Paris
People tried to hide in restaurants and cafes from the streets during the attack, which started at 9:30 p.m . The father and mother of the attacker are being held for questioning by French police , the source said.

It looks like Klopp has drawn-up his shortlist as the Daily Mail claim Malcom has emerged as a prime target along with Bayer Leverkusen's Leon Bailey and Christian Pulisic of Borussia Dortmund.

Malcom is valued at around £40million and Bordeaux have essentially confirmed he will be sold this summer.

Liverpool have also been heavily linked with a move for Olympique Lyon Nabil Fekir recently as well, while the name of Barcelona's young forward Ousmane Dembele has also been doing the rounds of late.

However, it looks like the trio will face further competition as the newspaper says Liverpool have now joined the race to sign the Brazilian Under-23 worldwide this summer.

'I can deny this info proper now. It's not true. Otherwise Nabil would have told me right away, we are very close'.

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER