Antonio Conte no longer Chelsea head coach

Doug Mendoza
July 15, 2018

The Italian was informed of his departure on Thursday, with former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri set to replace him.

The 48-year-old's departure from Stamford Bridge has always been expected but not confirmed, even though Sky Italia reported on Thursday he had left the club a year before the end of his contract.

Tribal Football citing the Mirror claims the Stamford Bridge outfit might be forced to sell their record signing having failed to impress in his first season at the club.

Fabregas appeared to confirm he felt that way by liking a tweet which was celebrating the news that Conte had been sacked by the club.

'We wish Antonio every success in his future career'.

Conte had returned to work last Saturday to begin Chelsea's pre-season preparations, but will no longer carry the team forward as the club continues to negotiate with Napoli over a compensation fee for Sarri.

Sharif loyalists arrested as former PM returns to appeal conviction
However, Maryam in the letter said that she refused this and did not make the decision under anyone's pressure. "This is wrong. His daughter Maryam was also arrested after the pair were were sentenced in absentia on corruption charges last week.

Meghan Markle & Kate Middleton Step Out Together At Wimbledon
Last week, she beat Julia Görges 6-2, 6-4 in the Wimbledon semifinals and now stands at one win away from her eighth championship. Williams was at Markle and Harry's wedding on May 19, and recently told InStyle that she thinks Middleton is a "badass woman".

United Kingdom pound falls, United Kingdom politicians reel after Trump broadside
And The Scotsman newspaper published an op-ed in which it stated, "the 45th USA president is an appalling human being". The prime minister welcomed the American president to her official residences outside of London.

"Jorginho to Chelsea is not tied to Sarri".

They finished way behind champions Manchester City and failed to qualify for the Champions League.

A remarkable expenditure for sacking a series of hugely successful coaches, most of whom brought trophies to the club in what time they were afforded.

As Sportsmail reported earlier this summer, City have already identified Croatia global Mateo Kovacic as a back-up target should the move for Jorginho break down.

Chelsea are expected to announce Sarri's appointment on an initial two-year contract imminently - together with the signing of Italy worldwide midfielder Jorginho for a combined fee of €65 million (£57.5m) - after convincing Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis to release the 59-year-old from his contract. "Thank you for everything boss".

Other reports by GizPress

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER